Assignment 1: WHO YOU ARE MATTERS

 

  • Describe where you come from
I originally come from Iran, Theran. I was only six years old when I moved here and do not remember much. When I moved to Los Angeles, it felt like home, and do not want to live any place else.


  • Tell me where you're going
Once I finish USC which will be this semester, I will be going into becoming a financial advisor at Wells Fargo. I have always been into stocks and trading and even when I was under 18 I would sign up with my dad's information and trade and buy stocks under his name.

  • Tell me how you plan to get there
With my degree from USC and having worked at Wells Fargo as a teller for two years, I have built a lot of connections in the banking industry. I knew that only a degree wouldn't get me a well-paying job and now recruiters are looking for experience. I have already spoken with many people including branch managers at Wells Fargo, and they are willing to take me in once I can work full-time.

  • How are you LIKE your parents
I am mostly like my dad, never procrastinating. My dad has always taught me to do everything as soon as possible and never wait till last minute. Every time something comes up that he has to do, he tries to do everything on the first day so he does not have to worry about it or forget to do it. 

  • How are you UNLIKE your parents
My parents have never been past high school or college. Even though they are very strict on school and getting a degree they have never done it themselves. I was naturally into school because I always found it easy. Even though some classes in USC have been challenging, it has never been a problem for me even though I work at Wells Fargo and commute 

  • Have you developed your own expectations for yourself, or if you were honest, would you say you're operating under someone else's expectations?
I have always set my own expectations, to reach my goal of becoming very successful one day. I have stopped listening to other people and operating under them. I have always challenged myself and pushed myself to become better every day. 

  • Who, other than a relative, serves as a model for you of someone who lives life with great passion and personal responsibility?
My friend Eric has served as a great model for me. I met Eric in 3rd grade and ever since he has been my best friend who I see and hang out with every day. Although he stopped going to school after high school, he has always surprised me. He is a day trader now and wakes up every day at 6am to trade and runs his own program called Manicoptions. He has taught me so much in finance without going to school and pushed me to become better every day.


  • Connecting with the ANIMAL WORLD: What wild animal do you feel a special connection with, and why?


WOLF
  • Like the wolf, I prefer to navigate life in a pack environment.
  • Intellectually a strong pack will use strategic plans to accomplish a successful hunt.

  • Connecting with the NATURE KINGDOMS: Describe a significant childhood encounter with a tree or plant.



SWEETGUM TREE- SEED POD
I connect with this tree because when I was 8 years old, I was riding my scooter down the park and one of the seed pods from the tree was on the ground causing my front tooth to chip because I ran over it.

SUN SIGN: 17 Degrees Capricorn 
MOON SIGN: 11 Degrees Gemini 
RISING: 19 Degrees Pisces



Comments

  1. I loved reading about your upcoming! Funny enough, my dad moved to the U.S. from Tehran as well and has loved LA ever since. I think it is a really great trait that you picked up from your dad to not procrastinate - it will set you up well in all facets of life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also thoroughly enjoyed reading about your upbringing. It was interesting to hear about your plans in the near future and how you will leverage those relations to get to where you want to be in your career.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FINAL JOB DESCRIPTION

Random post- Big Bear Trip