Book 1 Post 1
I have chosen American Like Me, edited by America Ferrera. I have chosen this book because my parents are also immigrants, and I can relate to the book. She mentions that her mom said you should be fortunate to be doing homework instead of working. This also hit home because every time I complain about how life is so hard and I have so much homework to do, and never time to do anything else. My parents also say I should be fortunate because, in Iran, I would have been working all day for little to no pay.
What I hope to get out of this book is to learn about her unique background and the challenges she faced by individuals with various backgrounds. The impressions I have so far from the book are very catchy and consistently makes me want to read more. Not only because her writing style is easy to read, but her sense of humor from her writing makes it more enjoyable to read.
Comments
Post a Comment