FINAL JOB DESCRIPTION

 Imagine holding a significant role in a booming financial center where you manage every transaction that ensures the economy runs properly. As a bank teller at Wells Fargo, I work in this world, combining financial intelligence, customer service, and accuracy. Although the position may be merely another counter position, it plays a significant and dynamic role in our economy. Come along with me as I take you behind the scenes of my daily duties, where ensuring client happiness coexists with careful money management and every encounter presents an opportunity to have a significant impact.

Three descriptions help to summarize a bank teller's responsibilities:

  • Retail Cashier  

  • Investment service representative

  • Concierge

I will break down each of these examples to understand what I do daily bases:

Retail Cashier

The role of a cashier occurs this way:

  • Handling cash and checks

  • Process transactions

  • Selling products

Here is an example of how a retail cashier is so similar to a bank teller:

In a busy branch, a basic task such as depositing cash into a customer's checking or savings account can become more complicated when the customer approaches my window. Even simple deposits demand careful attention when there are many people to address. For instance, I must confirm that checks are properly signed and deposited to personal, business, or trust accounts by looking up the payee information on them. There are endorsement requirements for every kind of account to avoid the check being returned and costing the client fees. I also use my sales abilities to educate clients about different banking products and account choices that could be advantageous to them to provide excellent customer service and acquire their business. For example, some clients opened their bank accounts with their parents when they were 18 years old and have been in the same checking account that has been discontinued for many years. I inform them how their accounts are outdated and advise them to make an appointment to make an appointment with a bank representative to go over and review products that will benefit them.

Investment Service Representative

Like bank tellers, financial advisors help customers with a range of financial good products, and services. We perform similar tasks in these three ways:

  • Redeem bonds

  • Issue CDs (certificate of deposits)

  • Connect clients with Financial Advisor

While financial advisors and personal bankers are usually in charge of managing investments, bank tellers are essential in introducing customers to these services. One client, for instance, came in to redeem bonds that she had inherited from her grandparents, which were worth about $20,000. I advised her not to put the money into a regular checking account after she cashed the bonds. Rather, I used the opportunity to talk to her about her alternatives and gave her the contact information of a financial expert. We opened a CD account with a competitive 4.55% APY that would lock in the $20,000 for four months. The financial advisor was also pleased with the referral because we were also able to help her transfer her money from Chase to Wells Fargo to receive higher returns.

Concierge 

Lastly, concierges are very similar to bank tellers as they work with many different people every day and have similar roles such as:

  • Customer service

  • Confidentiality

I compare a concierge to a bank teller because both roles are crucial in providing excellent customer service and representing the company they work for. For instance, when customers enter a bank like Wells Fargo, they often go directly to a teller for guidance on whether they are speaking to the right person or if they need to see a banker. Similarly, concierges assist guests with their needs, ensuring they receive personalized service. Confidentiality is also a critical aspect of both roles. Bank tellers manage sensitive information such as personal identification, addresses, Social Security numbers, and phone numbers, ensuring it remains secure. Likewise, concierges manage guest information with the utmost discretion, safeguarding their privacy while providing exceptional services.

  • Passive Sentences: 3.2% 

  • Flesch Reading Ease: 61.3%

  • Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level: 9.2%

Comments

  1. Araz, you know I have never spoken to a bank teller before. So this was an interesting read. I liked your comparison between concierge and a bank teller. I think this helped break down the pivotal roles of being a bank teller and made it easier to understand what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Araz, I can only imagine how many people you speak to on a daily basis as a bank teller. The way you broke down some of the processes helped me understand the importance of one and how banks operate a little better now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Assignment 1: WHO YOU ARE MATTERS

Random post- Big Bear Trip