The Blue Sweater 1

 


Reflecting on this quote from The Blue Sweater, actions from every individual matter because no matter how big or small the act collectively makes an effort to create a better world.


My first step to making the world a better place is by educating myself and reading books from well-educated people about sustainability, issues like climate change, and poverty. This way by learn how to make better choices myself like what I buy and support. This way, by talking to others, I can build connections with people from different backgrounds and experiences. This will help me create a more caring and inclusive community. Whether volunteering locally or supporting global organizations, I want to remember that we all share this world and are responsible for each other.

In the end, after I graduate, my main focus will be working and providing a better future for myself and the people I am surrounded with. But I don't want to forget to be more thoughtful about my actions and recognize that I have a role in shaping the future of my community and the world.


Comments

  1. Hey Araz, educating yourself is certainly the best way to get started. I like that you also mentioned getting your hands dirty. Learning about doing something versus actually doing the job are completely different, and practice often differs from theory. I also liked that you connected everything back to community - a staple in any good service organization.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Araz, your commitment to learning and fostering connections is a powerful foundation for creating meaningful change. To take the next step, you could start by actively participating in community projects or organizations that address the issues you are passionate about, like sustainability or poverty alleviation. This will allow you to apply what you have learned and make a tangible difference while continuing to grow. You might also consider leading by example in your daily life, such as initiating sustainable practices within your school or workplace and encouraging others to join.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Araz, I really respect your sense of self-awareness. It is very uncommon now for individuals our age to identify the need to educate themselves when we feel as though our world has become so small due to our use of technology. One way that I feel like you could expand on this is by creating a sort of online book drive. The books that you originally put on the list could be those that you have read before or are going to read. The drive could advocate for others to add books about sustainability that their lives have been affected by. People could also comment on certain books and how they have applied what they have learned in their real lives. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FINAL JOB DESCRIPTION

Assignment 1: WHO YOU ARE MATTERS

Random post- Big Bear Trip